Wednesday, November 1, 2017

More Halloween in Japan

One of the things that is amazing about Japan is the bentos (lunches) that the parents make for their kids everyday here in Japan. I used to make Rachel's bento once a month when she was in pre-school (and maybe Alex's but I don't remember) and there were certain colors that I had to include in the bento. I was lucky enough to eat with my students on Halloween and many of the them had Halloween themed bentos.







My favorite was the Eyeballs that a student brought in a cooler which was made of Jello.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Joanna, this is one of your fav old Garretson students, Greg Snyder. looks like you're having fun in Japan! The reason I am reaching out is I am in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Tokyo in May. I'm looking to book in January. I want to go see the sumo tournament there that month.

    If it is at all feasible, I'd love to arrange some time where I can take a train out to you guys and maybe get lunch/dinner or something and catch up. I know it's early, but I figured I'd reach out sooner rather than later.

    Feel free to reach out to me when you get a chance. My email is funnytallguy@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Greg! It has been too long, so glad you commented. We would love to see you- maybe we can meet you in Tokyo for a sumo tournament day. We have been many times and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete