Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Toilet Etiquette

When I was a young lad I learned quickly about toilet etiquette because I had a mom and two older sisters. Rule #1 - Always put the toilet seat and lid down! The last thing I wanted to hear was a scream from the other room when one of my sisters sat on the rim of the toilet with the seat up. Rule #2 - Always make sure that the toilet paper roll has enough paper on it so the ladies in my family would not run out. Rule #3 - Always, and I mean always, flush the toilet and wash your hands. I don't think this has to do with having older sisters but it was something that I was taught.

This same etiquette followed me into adulthood and even found its way into my family once we got married and had kids. Lid down, toilet paper full, flush, and wash. Things seemed well until we moved to Japan and the last few years I noticed something strange happening. I noticed that once in awhile the toilet paper roll was finished except for one or two pieces remaining. It didn't really bother me because we had toilet paper nearby. I also noticed that when Rachel came to visit then the toilet cover was left up and I chalked it up to girls living with girls. Then I noticed that Alex was leaving the lid up and I thought to myself..."You've had female roommates and this is what happened to you!" Everyone should put the lid down to make things fair.

Then it happened. The kids were gone and...and...one small sheet left. Three small sheets left. Two small sheets left. NO SHEETS AT ALL. The heavens opened up and a light shined down with the answer. It wasn't the kids who were leaving the toilet paper roll empty. It was Joanna! I had been duped all along and always blamed the kids! JOANNA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment