Monday, November 27, 2017

What has music become?


   In Japan, the Beatles will always be a favorite.  We watched a Paul McCartney concert in Tokyo the other night on Netflix and were surprised at first, how many songs we know and second, how popular of a musician he is here in Japan.  He is a great performer as well!

   In our city, they have bars and restaurants that play songs from the 80's and it always amuses me.  Of course, those songs bring back a lot of fond memories of High School dances and songs on the radio through my college years.  I didn't go to this event below, but it is good to know people still listen to disco from the 70's and 80's.






   Last Thursday was a holiday and there was a big music festival and I taped it to watch it later on MTV.  The bands that were featured on different stages were taped LIVE and there were a few bands I looked up to download on our Apple Music.  Some names of songs and artists were:

Strobelite by Gorillaz, Dangerous by The xx
Weight in Gold (Remix) by AJK & Gallant
Almost True-EP by The Strypes 
Now That the Light is Fading-EP by Maggie Rogers

   I was happy to also see TRAIN performing playing their new song, "Play That Song".  I always liked them.  At times, I feel out of touch with what is popular in the U.S. but feel that I am introduced to some European bands, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment