Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween in Japan

   It has gotten more popular for sure but not quite the same as the U.S.  We will not have trick-or-treaters tonight on Halloween night!  I stuffed little plastic pumpkins with Twix mini bars and Halloween stickers for my students this morning.  We played "Would you rather", Draw a "I spy" or a "Halloween maze" for a partner to figure out and we dressed up in costumes (some did not participate).
   It is different here as in the U.S becoming more of a Harvest festival or not dressing up at all.  Our students are grateful with any disruption of a regular schedule- while we are still after school putting cardboard and tents away from a school carnival on Sunday.
   Januck and I dressed as minions and enjoyed our time with the students.  It is almost nice to come home to a quiet night of non treat-a-treaters :)


Treat

 

The class working on their mazes and I Spy activity

No comments:

Post a Comment