Saturday, January 13, 2018

Lamb from Hokkaido

   Friends brought back some lamb from Hokkaido after winter break and we cooked it up with vegetables last night.  It was so tender and good.  I am not one for leftovers but for lunch again today I ate some lamb, vegetables, rice and kimchi.
   We tried some tangerine beer last night and then I came home to make this lamb and it really hit the spot.  Living here we are spoiled with every fish you can buy but meat like beef, veal and lamb are still hard to come by.  Bacon is more like ham here and I really miss crispy bacon for breakfast.
   When you don't have something for awhile, it is such a luxury and I really like living as every day is a special day and every food is a special treat.  It feels as if sometimes, we take things for granted and don't fully appreciate what we do have in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment