Sunday, January 28, 2018

100!

Well it has been awhile since I have posted but we have been busy and I just came back from America last week after visiting my father for his 100th birthday!

SoCal!

Rachel and I landed last Thursday in Los Angeles and got our rental car and headed to the Japanese Consulate to take care of some business. We then headed to my father's house to see him for a few minutes before we checked into our hotel. After checking into our hotel, Rachel wanted Rubio's for dinner and we found one not to far away. She bought three fish tacos and I bought one and ran over to Subway for a 6 inch Roast Beef sandwich. Neither of us could finish our meal and luckily our hotel room had a refrigerator.

Rachel and her Rubio's!

The next day we drove out to Norco for our DMV appointment because Rachel had lost her license and I knew that I would have to take my eye exam in October so I thought I would get it taken care of now. It turns out that if you are renewing your license more than 6 weeks before your license expires, you have to take the written exam. I haven't taken the written exam since I was 16 years old so I was a little apprehensive. I had to take the eye test and with both eyes I was fine. My left eye was fine and then I had to do my right eye and well, let's just say that the lady gave me a few chances to pass. I guess it is time to have my eyes checked. I took the written exam, which is on the computer now and I was shocked at how the questions have changed over the years. I'm not complaining but I got 100% on the test and it was certainly more common sense than anything. We then headed to our storage unit in Corona and I was looking for my scrapbook that had some special drawings from my father. Rachel and I looked so hard for them but finally found the scrapbook in the bottom left back part of the unit after about an hour looking. We then headed to Los Angeles to meet Alex and his girlfriend Luna for lunch and to go to the Japanese Consulate again. It was nice meeting Luna and we had a very nice lunch.

The lunch crew!

Rachel and I headed back to our hotel room and then went to the Anaheim Ducks game because she had bought me tickets for Christmas. They played the Los Angeles Kings so of course it was sold out and it was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. The Ducks won so we left happy!



Saturday was my father's 100th birthday so we got there in the morning and spent some time with my father. Rachel and Alex had a good hour and a half jus listening to him which I know he enjoyed. We brought him some Japanese sake and shrimp chips and he liked them both. In fact, he ate the whole bag of shrimp chips and couldn't eat dinner but did have some room for some birthday cake!

 Yummy sake!

 A beautiful collage.

 Alex was happy with his balloon stacking skills!

 Mr. 100!

 Family!

What an awesome cake!

I was able to spend Sunday and Monday with my Dad and it was great just being there. It was difficult to leave but I know I'll see him again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment