Friday, August 11, 2017

Immigration

   Going and getting our Residence cards renewed is not an easy task.  This time we are off work, so we could take the hour trip to Shizuoka (less by bullet train) and file the paperwork.  Then wait until they send a postcard, about a week later that says "Come back and bring a 4000 yen (about $40) stamp back with you to process your card".  It is a money making scheme like most credentials, visas, applications with online services, etc.
  So, I went to get a the photo for my residence card (we are told not to smile here in Japan for an official document).  My passport photo is disastrous but my residence card photo is not too bad because the photo booth had a tan or whitening option on the photo.  I paid extra by accident :)






Awful Passport photo that my family laughs at!


Decent photo! (option- with a tan)

No comments:

Post a Comment