Friday, February 16, 2018

Open House Tomorrow!

As any teacher knows, Open House can be a special time to showcase their students' accomplishments and here in Japan is no exception. However, in our program we showcase our students' English abilities by doing a play or presentation. I am used to having my students do an Independent Project when I taught sixth grade and I enjoyed letting my students show their leadership and independence by letting them prepare most of their presentation. This year I am teaching fourth grade with Joanna and I have followed her lead as our students are going to present Aesop's Fables. I am so lucky to have Joanna take the lead and I have learned a lot from her as our students have worked to hard to memorize their lines and songs. I can't wait for tomorrow because I know our students will do a fantastic job!

 Our students came up with their own Moral of the Fable after listening to each fable.

 Morals from the other group.

Our students drew their own pictures for the backdrop of where they are performing. So proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment