Friday, December 8, 2017

Student Loving

After teaching 6th grade for many years, I was assigned to 4th grade this year. I always received a lot of affection but I've realized that once I moved to 4th grade, the level of loving has increased. 6th grade at the elementary school level is very challenging because you are trying to transition them from elementary school to junior high school and they are trying to navigate all of the emotions that come with it. Our students this year are so nice and I wonder if it is the grade level or the class we have. Or maybe it is just us and them. Joanna and I have embraced the Poligon and Polichan labels and have run with it. We really have enjoyed working together and have enjoyed our class immensely.

 One of our newer students hand stitched a Poligon face for me.

 I just received this one today.

 This is from the same student.

 A really nice postcard.

 Got this one when it was my birthday.

A student made me an album that I can put things into.

Maybe I'll just stay in fourth grade for awhile!

2 comments:

  1. They sound like a wonderful group of kids. They're so fortunate to have you and Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynnie. We have had such a great year and we know that we are equipping them to be amazing people in the future!

      Delete