Friday, December 29, 2017

Family trip to Yokohama

    On the 26th, we drove to Yokohama to take a short family trip. When we checked into the AirBnB, Januck about had a heart attack because the price was listed in Euros, which was ¥6,708,978.  I called the owner to confirm and it was a typo.  Thank goodness!

 We stayed in Chinatown and enjoyed the dumplings there.  Alex shopped in a thrift store and found a really bright Columbia jacket that is a throw back to the 90's.  We went to TGIF for burgers and salad and later Januck complained of a stomachache (which always happens when he now eats greasy food, like burgers because his body isn't used to it).





   The next day, we got up and Januck did some geocaching, Alex went to Starbucks to listen to music and Rachel and I found a cute cafe that had excellent croissants.  I really wanted to take them to the Ramen museum because it had gotten good reviews on TripAdvisor and it was really interesting.  The history of ramen was displayed and then you go downstairs where it was old Japan with a bunch of ramen shops that you could try.  It was a bit confusing what to choose but we got in line and bought meal tickets from a machine.






   After eating, Rachel and I went shopping and the boys went geocaching.  Then we met up at the very tall Ferris wheel in Minato Mirai area of Yokohama.  I hate heights by the way and my family just tortures me by going on bridges, chairlifts and now a Ferris wheel.  I was sick to my stomach but the view WAS amazing.  We could see the SkyTree in Tokyo and Mt. Fuji in the other direction because it was such a clear day.  I felt better when Januck and Rachel even felt scared at the top.
   After that we tried cheese fries and a shake from Shake Shack before walking back to our apt. in Chinatown.  What I like about Yokohama is you can walk everywhere easily and the port area is beautiful.  It reminds me of Kobe where I grew up.







   We had to visit the Baird Beer and was sent upstairs for beer and BBQ.  I had thought about trying to take the kids clubbing but they were tired after a full day and so was I!  The next day, some of us took walks by the park and pier and then we came home.




 It was so nice to be together and I will cherish these times forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment